Though it rarely snows here in the QC, everyone likes some good-old holiday fun. And despite our lack of that unbearable winter air and shimmery white stuff on the ground, the selection of winter activities is prominent in our Queen City and surrounding areas; so staying cooped up this winter won’t be an option.
1. Speedway Christmas– Throw your friends, family and anyone else you want to spread some holiday cheer within the car and drive on down to Concord for the most holiday fun you could ask for. Starting November 19th through December 31st, the Charlotte Motor Speedway transforms itself to a 3.5-mile long holiday paradise filled with lights, music and a Christmas
village with tensile and all.
2. A Brewery Tour with Bae– Okay so it doesn’t have to be with your love, but brewery tours are the absolute best. There’s nothing like wearing your favorite sweater, enjoying a cold brew and enjoying the sights, sounds and hoppy smells of a winter brewery tour. With cozy fire pits and taprooms filled with games, you and whoever you share the discovery of beer with can have a great time indoors enjoying delicious beverages.
3. Take a Carriage Ride– If you love horses and Charlotte as much as we do, you will find this unique winter attraction pure bliss. Charlotte Center City Carriage Tours is a delightful pastime through the streets of uptown and can be found at the intersection of Trade and Tryon. Think it’s too cold? Well, they have you covered. Blankets are provided on this
historical and magical experience and of course, you can pet the horses before and after your ride.
4. Bar Cocoa– A Desert bar for chocolate lovers of all ages, Bar Cocoa is located in the lobby of The Ritz-Carlton in Uptown and it is the sweetest spot to be. Offering a class at their Cocoa Lab, you can make your own holiday treats and celebrate the time of the season in a chocolate lover’s paradise. Because really, who doesn’t love chocolate?
5. Ice Skating– Yes, Charlotte has an outdoor ice rink and you and your friends, significant other or even by yourself can experience the joy of ice skating. Bring your own or rent a pair, skating at the Holiday On Ice allows you to enjoy the holiday season, crisp winter air; all while embraced by the uptown atmosphere.
6. Experience a Hornets Game– Enter the swarm and take yourself to see at least one Hornet’s game this year. Perfect for winter, grabbing yourself a seat in the hive allows you to see some talented ballers shoot some hoops, enjoy some classic stadium concessions and stay nice and warm in the stands. And even if basketball isn’t quite your thing, the experience as a whole of a Hornet’s game is an exciting and memorable one that’s perfect for all ages.